Saturday, April 3, 2010

Reflections for Holy Saturday

This Lenten Season has been an especially transforming time for me, spiritually. I am very conscience of God moving in my life and the in lives around me, bringing change, healing, and again, transformation. For that reason, the image of the cross now instills a new sense of awareness within me. I know that I have been changed this year into something new and that I have no desire to go back to what I was before. I also recognize that there is nothing, no aspect of my life, that I can or need to withhold from Him. Sweet surrender, indeed.

We will finish our coursework in a couple of months and will then be done with our studies. I wonder, where we will each wind up serving and in what capacity? Regardless, I know that God has a plan for every one of us. The fellowship that we have enjoyed in class, as brothers and sisters together being equipped for His service, has been a major portion of the transformation that I have experienced. Through what you have shared from your hearts in class, I have been inspired to become a better disciple. I have been moved by the conviction of your spirit and your dedication to authentically living out your faith as you have been so called.

Additionally, I can see and attest to the transformation which has occurred in each one of you. Just as powerful as your own Christian witness to me is the awesome evidence of His mighty work that I see in each of you. It has been an honor for me to be a part of our studies together as your classmate and I consider it a privilege to soon go forth with you in service. May God continue to bless each of us.

No comments: